Co-authored by Malissa Ancajas As the world’s largest professional network, LinkedIn is home to more than 575 million professionals from 200 countries and territories worldwide. As of July 2018, there are more than 6 million LinkedIn members are from the Philippines. Inspired by Azleen Abdul Rahim’s post, 43 Most Inspirational LinkedIn Icons in Malaysia You Should Follow Right Now, I asked my LinkedIn network who they followed on LinkedIn for inspiration and learning. That post, which garnered more than 35,000 views, 189 likes and 140 comments, led us to finding the top 47 Filipino professionals that our fellow Filipino LinkedIn members would like to learn from and engage with.
Why Do They Use LinkedIn?There are as many reasons as there are LinkedIn members, and so we decided to reach out to those tagged in the conversation and ask them why they use LinkedIn. Although they have their own reasons for using LinkedIn, many of them leverage the platform not only for their own benefits, but also to add value to others and help them become successful.
LinkedIn is an all-in-one powerful platform. It’s a game changer in finding our next talent, customers, investors, and partners. It is a great platform for online learning, industry news & trends, and professional branding. There is nothing like it! – Cliff Meng. AdoraSo if you’re wondering why they’re on LinkedIn, here are the most common reasons they use LinkedIn:
- To reach out, connect and collaborate with local and global experts
- To share inspirational and encouraging messages
- To share their expertise and knowledge
- To learn from and engage with like-minded individuals
- To keep up with the trends in the industry
- To build a professional network and establish their professional brands
- To build a community and promote causes
- To find talent, customers, investors and partners
- To build relationships, inspire and add value to their ideal clients
- To explore career opportunities and provide mentorship to those who reach out
What Do They Post on LinkedIn?If you follow them, you’re sure to be exposed to new perspectives, be motivated to keep reaching for your goals, get inspired by stories of their own success and failure, learn from their tips to help you succeed in your professional roles and explore opportunities that are fit for your own skills and passion.
I’LL POST QUESTIONS AND INSIGHTS INTO MY OWN SELF-DEVELOPMENT TO START A BIGGER CONVERSATION AROUND LIFE AND BEHAVIOR CHANGE. – PAUL DIO
Here’s a recap of what they post on LinkedIn:
- Short positive and encouraging messages
- Job vacancies and updates about company culture
- Content that helps individuals unlock their potential, be more creative and think ‘outside the box’
- Questions about topics that professionals and business owners often ignore
- Success stories, narratives and lessons learned from business, professional or personal experiences
- Insights about industry and market trends
- Tips and strategies about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers and achieving success
- Educational posts on their specific niche or expertise, which could be about finance, fintech, leadership, confidence-building, marketing, entrepreneurship, etc.
- Highlights of their career- or business-related activities
The Top 47 Filipino LinkedIn Professionals to Follow on LinkedIn#1 FRANCIS KONG | President of Success Options, Inc. No. of Followers: 50,851 Industry: Business Consultancy Why do you use LinkedIn? To share ideas and reach out to people in the workplace. What do you post or share on LinkedIn? Short positive and encouraging message daily providing ideas on increasing productivity, personal growth, work excellence and leadership. Who are the top 3 Filipino LinkedIn members that you follow? I followed a few corporate clients and not really individuals. #2 PATRICK JESS DIMAYUGA | Talent Acquisition Manager at Coca-Cola FEMSA Philippines N umber of Followers: 30,247 Industry: Consumer Goods/ FMCG Why do you use LinkedIn? Recruitment, employer branding, networking
- To connect with awesome professionals
- To share my recruitment/headhunting expertise
- To share tips to other professionals